Thursday 3 March 2011

Time, My Enemy

 My first cry was not bad
I yelled and screamed till everyone heard
Then like a thief, with night and day,
Time stole my infanthood away
Some kilograms and inches I added
My baby sister and school, I hated
Unconsciously, I grew

As months and years flew
I had to do something quick
As the minutes and seconds tick
I took my mother’s clock
And gave it to a man on the block
A decade passed anyway
Then I knew time was here to stay

It took my grandma
And thought my dad to drink rum
My life was tearing apart
As I watch every day dawn
Till I met a fair beauty
And started my masculine duty
We frolicked together in the day
When parting, I was filled with dismay


Time again showed its face
And it took my beautiful Grace
But something I realised is
“Time is not as bad it seems”
It brought some things
And took some on its wings

No comments:

Post a Comment